Just like any other business, it’s really important for salon owners to keep getting new customer while it’s equally important to retain the existing customers. In the end, what really matters to salon owners is the number of appointments happening every month and the conversion rate.
This blog will not only help you find new ways to increase salon’s appointments but will also help you learn how you can make your existing customers pre-book appointments again & again.
#1 Be visible
We understand you have an amazing store, you have expert stylists & have all the right elements to provide great service to your customers. But you need to be heard. You need to make sure that you are visible to your audience. Below are some of the channels that will help you increase your visibility:
- Social Media – There is no way you can avoid social media. The results may not seem very tangible but social media does help you find new customers and influences their decisions. Use high quality images & videos to showcase your salon and your services. Look how one of the world’s biggest salon chain Muse Salon and Spa use Facebook for branding.
- Website – Your customers do a lot of research before getting a new haircut or facial. Give them a place where they can read about your business, your services, stylists & some work that you have done in the past. A website will not only help in building trust but it also helps you position yourself the way you want.
- Google Business Listing – Want to bring new customers to your store? Want to help your customers find your address or contact number? Google business listing is the answer. Customers who are looking for salons near them do all their research right on Google. Make sure you have a Google business listing but also ask your existing customers to review your salon on Google to help new customers walk-in.
- Blogging – We all know that there are some customers who love to read everything. From your salon to the products you use, the kind of style that will suit them, the colors they would like on their hairs. Blogging helps you in serving those customers and in return you get their trust. Sooner or later whenever they will think of getting a haircut, your salon will be the first thing they will think of.
#2 Digitize Appointment Booking
There is no way you can still rely on those old methods. Your competitors have already switched to advanced appointment booking softwares.
A recent research revealed that more than 35
Below are some of the top preferred softwares for salons to digitize their appointment booking:
- Miosalon – With built-in POS, Miosalon is used by various salon owners all across the globe. Their analytics & reports help you get meaningful insights of your business.
- Phorest Salon Software – Their appointment booking app is really handy and lets you showcase your offers.
- Square Appointments – Take bookings from your desk or on the fly from wherever you are. Square is changing the way salon softwares functions.
- Foore – Let your customers book appointment directly from Facebook Messenger or your website. Foore also sends automatic reminder and asks for feedback as soon as your customers leave your store.
- Zenoti – Their appointment booking software helps you in maintaining all your appointments at one place. Read Zenoti Reviews & Features to get all the details.
- MindBody – This software will help your customers book appointments on website or using the app. They provide Facebook integration too.
#3 Focus on Pre-booking for next visit
The salon software company Kitomba revealed that the average pre-booking rate for salons is more than 40%. Pre-bookings not only help in boosting salon’s revenue but also helps your staff to maintain appointments and in achieving sales targets.
Building a culture where your staff ask your customer to pre-book appointments for next visit is really important. Apart from getting discounts on pre-bookings, customers also get benefits like regular maintenance, no last moment panic & get their favorite stylist all the time.
#4 Increase Customer Engagement
One of the major challenges that every salon faces is building relationship with their customers. One of the sole reason is the lack of customer engagement.
Benefits of customer engagement:
- Shorter sales cycle
- Improved customer loyalty
- Brand building
- Increased word of mouth marketing
- Understand your customer better
The various ways to increase customer engagement at your salon are listed below:
- Collect Feedback – Taking feedback from your customer will not only help you in understanding your customer in a better way but it also gives your customers a method to communicate about the service.
- Remember their anniversaries or birthdays – Wishing your customer on that special day or giving them special discounts on their birthday makes your customer love your brand.
- Inform your customers about festive offers or other discounts – There is no harm in reaching out to your customers inbox to inform them about your offers and upcoming events.
With Foore, you can automate and manage all your communications with your customers at one place. With features like Facebook chatbot, live chat, FB & SMS broadcasts, it’s the only product designed for salons to increase customer engagement and build better relationships.
#5 Ask for referrals
According to a study, 80% of the customers at a salon come through referrals. Asking customers to refer your salon to their friends and family can really impact your revenue.
We have listed down various ways for you to promote your referral program below:
- Promote referral program on social media.
- Incentivize referrals by giving discounts to those who refer to new customers.
- Make a selfie station at your salon and ask your customers to click selfies and post on social media making sure that your brand has been tagged.
- Send Facebook Messenger broadcasts, emails & SMSes to inform your customers about the referral program.
#6 Promote your salon
The competition is tough and you can’t afford to let any opportunity slip away. Spending a bit in promoting your salon will always help you gain new customer and better ROI. The various way you can promote your salon are listed below:
- Facebook & Instagram Ads – Creating ad campaigns or boosting your posts on social media channels like Facebook & Instagram will definitely help you in reaching out to a lot more people.
- Email, SMS and Facebook Messenger marketing – You must be already sending emails & SMSes to your customers. But you know that Facebook Messenger broadcasts gives 88% open rates and also lets you send rich & meaningful messages.
- Radio & Newspaper Ads – Being visible in the local newspaper and radio is not a very expensive affair. And the returns are quite good which includes better branding and credibility.
#7 Record & Measure All The Important Metrics for your Salon
Record and measuring all the important metrics and activities at your salon helps you gain insights about your business. It gives you the opportunity to fine-tune and optimize your business. Not only this, keeping track of important metrics will help you find the pain points for you to quickly fix them.Below are the important metrics that every salon owner should record and keep track of:
- No. of new customers & repeat customers
- Cost per lead – Cost of marketing/Total no. of leads
- Net Promoter Score – It’s a score on a scale of 10 that helps you measure how happy your customers are.
- Salon productivity – Total Number of Appointment Hours Sold / Total Number of Appointment Hours Available
- No. of customers you pre-booked
- Source of new customers
#8 Give Amazing Service & Customer Experience
Customer is the king and there is no other way. Your customer want to feel pampered and special, every time they step in your store. From neat & tidy store to expert stylists, everything helps in giving a better experience to your customers. Read below to understand what are those important things that you need to take care of if you want your customer happy:
- Train your staff to be courteous and provide service with a smile.
- Talk to your customers and find out what they are looking for.
- Be consistent with your service & quality
- There is no harm to go beyond above & beyond the expectations of your customers.
Salonist Software – A popular tool that lets you manage your appointments, provide POS & customized reporting.
Is there any other software that you use at your salon? Let us know in the comments section and we will add it here.