Messenger ads are a great way to acquire more customers, increase your subscribers and boost your sales.
With this blog, we will help you create your own Messenger Destination ads and how you can personalize the welcome message for those who click on the ad.
What are Messenger destination ads?
Unlike any other ad on Facebook that takes the users away from Facebook to a website, these ads are meant to bring them to your business’s messenger. These ads get more engagement as the is aware that he/she will not be landing to any random website.
Like any other Facebook ads, these ads will also appear in Facebook feed or in Instagram and even in messenger as shown below:
Note – Users need to opt-in to become a subscriber by either sending the bot a message or by clicking on any button prompted during the 1st interaction as shown above.
How To Create Messenger destination ads?
1. Open Facebook Ads Manager. Create a new campaign and choose messages as your campaign objective. Refer the image below:
2. As per your preference, choose the targeting for your ad.
3. Select Edit Placements and de-select Instagram if you don’t want to run your ads on Instagram.
4. Select your budget, ad schedule and then click on continue.
5. In the Identity section, select the page for which you are creating the ad.
6. Ad your image, caption and rest of the content.
7. At the end of the page, you will find Messenger Setup, select Custom Template.
8. Type in your welcome message which your users will see after they click on your ad. (Note – You can also add image to your message.)
There are two ways to create our Custom Template i.e Visual method & using JSON
- Let’s create our custom template using Visual Method
In the Customer Actions section, click on Frequently asked questions and choose Buttons. Refer the image below:
Add the label and URL for the buttons that you have created as shown below:
You can get the URL for Menu, Appointment, Reservation, Offers etc. from your Foore dashboard as shown below:
Now let’s see how we can create Custom Template using JSON
1. Click on JSON after you click on Create New under Custom Template section.
2. You can customise the default JSON or write your own. Once done, click on Finish to save your JSON.
Note – All the pro customers of Foore get personal account manager to help them setup their ad using both JSON or Visual method.
Buy Pro Subscription today to get all the premium features, integrations and 24/7 customer service.
9. Once you have created your custom template, publish your ad to make it go live. Wait for approval and get ready to generate more sales and revenue.
Go ahead and write in comments how this has benefitted you and what other topics do you want us to write about.